I love this recipe.. This is my favorite of all. Basically this recipe was taught by my uncle (Ashwani Chandela). He is best in making non-veg dishes.. >>....
Heres the recipe for Junglee Mutton. I hope you like it. You should make this recipe for Sunday especial...Enjoyyyyyy>>..
- Mutton 600gms
- Dried hot red chillies: 15-20pcs
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard oil 2-1/2tblspn
- A heavy bottomed pot/ or a kadai
- Wash the mutton. make sure there are some bones as they add to the flavour of the dish. Add salt and a tblspn mustard oil and leave it for an hour so in room temperature.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the remaining mustard oil to a smoke hot temperature. Make sure you bring the oil to smoking point. Let the smoke come out. Remove from fire.
- Add the marinated mutton into the pot. Cover and cook. Stirring in between every 5 min on medium high heat. After 15 min, add the dried red chillies.
- Add water throughout the cooking process, a ladle at a time, making sure that the mutton remains moist niether boiling nor dry. Adjust the heat, if necessary to achieve this. This is important to make sure the final dish moist and well cooked.
- Cover and continue cooking following the method above until is soft. It takes almost 2 hours to cook.